Please follow the links below for resources and contact information:
- Our NHS and Key Worker heroes
- Supporting Wellbeing and Government guidance on Mental Health and Wellbeing
- EKST Feel Good Friday
- Guidance for households with possible COVID-19 infection
- Guidance for Education Settings
- Guidance on Social Distancing
- Guidance for staying at home and away from others
- Remote Learning Guide 2021 V2
- SACS website Risk assessment for Lateral flow testing SACS January 2021
- Remote Learning Guide 2021 v2
- Letter to Parents Term 3 Arrangements
- Lateral Flow Test NHS T T letter to parents and carers
- Communication on changed bubbles
- KCSP Statement on School Attendance and the Provision of Remote Learning Final
Academic Year 2019/2020
- PHE COVID19 Protocols
- Letter to Parents Carers Pupils September Opening FINAL
- Services Across East Kent
- 2 Parent Bulletin 3 April 2020
- Letter from Vicky Ford MP re provision for SEND pupils
- Grading information Y11 13 003
- Key Worker and Vulnerable Pupils UPDATE
- KCSP CEO letter Covid 19 school closures 19 03 20
- Closure Announcement SACS
- Partial Closure as of Thursday 19 March
- Parent up date COVID 19 17 03 20
- KCSP Covid 19 update to parents carers SACS
Academy Closure Arrangements
FAO: pupils, parents/carers, staff, governors, local clergy
As you are doubtless aware, as of Monday 23 March, all academies and schools in England will be closed until further notice. We are writing to provide you with the best information that we have available at present.
All pupils should undertake the remote learning that is provided for them on the academy website https://www.stanselmscanterbury.org.uk/Student-work-resources/. We will update this work periodically as needed. In the first instance there should be enough work to keep pupils in Years 7-10 and Year 12 occupied for two weeks, and for considerably longer for Years 11 and 13.
Please note that pupils should remain at home or in another appropriate indoor place during the school day, taking suitable breaks for their general wellbeing. Pupils should not be out in public places during school hours.
Throughout the period of academy closure all pupils will be ‘Y’ coded. No absences, authorised or unauthorised, will be registered against pupils.
The government have announced that public examinations will not take place in May and June. It is not yet clear whether these will be rescheduled or some other arrangement will be put in place. It is recognised that this is a considerable blow to our pupils who have worked so hard in preparation. At this stage, our recommendation is that preparatory work and revision continue as examinations may well take place at some later date.
Free School Meals
We are conscious that a number of children eligible for Free School Meals. The most recent DFE advice on this states:
To support children eligible for free school meals, schools will be able to purchase meals or vouchers for supermarkets or local shops.
The government has also confirmed that the total value of vouchers offered to each eligible child per week will exceed the rate it pays to schools for free school meals, recognising that families will not be buying food in bulk and may therefore incur higher costs. The final amounts will be confirmed shortly.
Effective immediately, schools will be able to order vouchers directly from supermarkets or shops in their communities to be emailed or printed and posted to families, and they will have their costs covered by the Department for Education. Guidance for schools will be published shortly.
While we await this guidance, we would not want to leave any child in need without provision; therefore during this initial period, if you require support with provision of food, please contact the Academy Principal in complete confidence and we will make some arrangements with you.
Safeguarding and other urgent concerns
There may be a need for parents/carers, pupils or staff members to urgently contact senior staff about safeguarding issues or other pressing matters during the period of academy closure - https://www.stanselmscanterbury.org.uk/Contact-details/
We regret very much having to put these arrangements in place and we thank you for your understanding and forbearance. We would like to take the opportunity to publicly thank all our wonderful colleagues who have worked so hard this week to allow us to keep the academy open.
Our whole community is in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you are all able to navigate the next period of time with minimal difficulty and we look forward very much to when our academy can be reunited and return to normal. That time will come and we will be ready.
Mr J Rowarth Mr M Walters Dr M Johnstone
Academy Principal Executive Principal Chair of Governors