- Principal's Welcome
- About Us
- Kent Catholic Schools Partnership
- East Kent Schools Together
- House System
- Aquinas House
- Bosco House
- Merici House
- Stein House
- Admission Arrangements
- September entry into Year 7
- In year entry into Year 7-11
- Oversubscription Criteria
- Contact Details
- Supporting Wellbeing
- Careers, Education, Information and Guidance
- CEIAG POLICY
- PROVISION MAPS
- PROGRESSION ROUTES
- USEFUL RESOURCES
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- OPPORTUNITIES NOTICE BOARD
- CAREERS NEWS & EVENTS BLOG
- Sixth Form
- 16+ Travel
- 16+ Travel application form
- UCAS guide
- Sixth Form Applications and Option Blocks
- Extended Project Qualification
- Sixth Form Attendance Policy
- Sixth Form Uniform Policy
- Summer Work
- Prospectus & Course Booklet
- Sixth Form Careers Information
- Sixth Form Newsletter
- 2019 Exam Timetable and booster sessions
- Sixth Form News & Opportunities
- SEN Department
- Local Offer
- I Think My Child Has Special Educational Needs. What Can I Do?
- SEN Staff
- SEN Policies and Reports
- Policies, Reports, Pupil Premium & Other Statements
- Safeguarding and Online Safety
- Sixth Form Prospectus
- School day
- School Uniform
- School Equipment
- Frequently asked questions
- Event Calendar
- Latest news
- School Prayers
- Monday Prayer
- Tuesday Prayer
- Wednesday Prayer
- Thursday Prayer
- Friday Prayer
- Lunchtime Grace
The school is committed to helping pupils achieve their full potential academically, spiritually and socially. This is not possible without good physical and mental well-being.
Please find some advice from Mind about helping someone else seek help here.
World Mental Health Day
Our school celebrated World Mental Health Day on Thursday 10th October by saying #HelloYellow. All our students took part in activities during form time which allowed students to reflect on caring for their mental and physical wellbeing. We also held a #HelloYellow bake sale over lunchtime.”
Are you going through a tough time?
There are a number of options when it comes to finding someone to talk to. Please find these summarised below.
Student Wellbeing Newsletter
Issue 1 - November 2019 (coming soon!)
Our Wellbeing Team will be working to raise awareness across the school through events and assemblies. If you would like to be involved, email Mr Norton at email@example.com.
Peer Mentoring Scheme
We have appointed and trained a number of our Sixth Form students to act as peer mentors for some of our younger students. If you feel that this is something that would benefit you, please see your House Office.
Staff Wellbeing Newsletter
Issue 1 - September 2018
Issue 2 - April 2019
Issue 3 - November 2019 (coming soon!)
What has been achieved so far?
1) A survey is carried out at the end of each academic year. The results are analysed and used to a) reflect on progress, and b) plan how to move forward.
2) Staff have access to a psychotherapist - bookings must be made through Miss Hornsey.
3) The school's Marking and Assessment Policy has been updated through the input of a dedicated Working Party of our colleagues.
4) A team of Wellbeing Coaches have been appointed and trained to provide a listening ear for staff outside of the school's line management structure.
5) Staff have been provided with training relating to stress management and other mental health issues.
6) We are constantly seeking ways to recognise and praise the hard work of our staff.
7) We have refurbished the Staff Room and provide opportunities for staff to socialise and team build, both inside and out of school hours.
What are we working on next?
1) We are looking to broaden the scope of our staff clubs and events to involve as many of our colleagues as possible.
2) We are looking into the possibility of offer volunteering opportunities for staff.
We're also committed to supporting our parents and guardians, whether this relates to their own wellbeing or that of their child or ward.
Check back soon for information about our information evenings.